On top of that, I am trying to get back into training for marathon #2, I have twice weekly training sessions with TNT, commitments with our local Habitat for Humanity, I am attempting to plan a running bloggers conference AND somewhere in there I have to raise $3,000+ dollars by August 23rd.
I'm not complaining. I love my life right now and I love to be busy. And I'm sure that most of you are laughing at me because you probably juggle all that on top of taking care of children, moving & starting new jobs, training for an ultra, race around the world or adventure race, transitioning to a morning runner or something equally taxing.
But all I'm saying is that I'm here, and I'm reading when I can and commenting when I can. I love this community and I love learning from all of you who undoubtedly accomplish more than I do daily. My posts may get sporadic because I am seriously (not kidding) OCD and cannot concentrate on more than one thing at once, but I'm not leaving!
I will be lurking your corners of the interwebs and stalking your every move, don't you worry.
Thank you so much for everyone's thoughts these past few weeks. I think last Thursday's post was the most commented one I have had so far. It was really interesting to see what everyone was annoyed with by blogs. Here is the rundown:
- Bloggers who don't share the love & only communicate with their cliques
- Blogs with a ton of grammatical errors
- Blogs with weird font and backgrounds that make it hard to read
- Blogs that you have to be a member of to comment
- Shortened Reader feeds (such as in Google Reader) where the post is only a tease and you have to click through to read the rest
- Bloggers who refuse to follow anyone on Twitter
- Blogs that are only about giveaways
- Confirmation words on comment boxes
- Long posts and wordy posts with no pictures (hmm, maybe I should add a pic here, this one is getting long...Ok, that's better :)
- Badly written blogs with tons of readers! (Gah, I hate this too, glad someone brought it up.)
- Small font! (I agree, I'm sooo blind)
Thanks also for your support for my dessert & coffee charity night next week! I think it's definitely going to be fun and I hope I have a good turnout! I live in a big apartment building with 12 floors, so I am inviting everyone in the building and hoping it will be like a "block party" type thing where we can all meet each other (since I don't know too many people in the building). I will keep ya updated on that as well.
- TNT practice (and thus my first run since Saturday) was stormed out last night due to serious lightning, much to my dismay, so instead I did some planks and some push-ups.
- I'm on this new push-up kick. Trying to do 50 (girl) push-ups MWF along with abs, hopefully working up to real push ups.
- Practice was rescheduled for tonight. I have no idea what we're doing (it's a conditioning practice) but it starts a little over a mile from my apartment so I'm going to run there and back.
- I've got 19 weeks till the marathon and about 50 days until the Wild West Relay...so I better get my rear in gear. Maybe I will go rogue like Miss Alisa, seems to be working out for her!