- Last week I was busy basically all week with studying for my big test Thursday.
- Wednesday night I was up all night (not even a wink of sleep) and had to drive 2.5 hours to Savannah, GA for my exam 9 AM Thursday morning (thankfully, Matt drove me while I studied)
- The test was SEVEN HOURS LONG.
- Unfortunately, I have to take the test again. BUMMER. I have 30 days to study.
- Because I was so cracked out on caffeine and no sleep Wednesday-Thursday, my body was messed up until...basically, yesterday. I felt out of it and so light headed all weekend!
- Although I was sad about the outcome, I was glad for it to be over (for now). I hardly ate anything all day Thursday. I immediately came home and chugged...a huge Green Smoothie + some vitamins. That seemed to help.
- No running ALL LAST WEEK!
- My BFF Alesha came to visit from Raleigh, NC Friday night, and unfortunately I was so wrecked, I had to pass out around 10:30 PM. We did, however, make it out to dinner first at Shem Creek Bar & Grill. We like it raw!
- But we did get up and "run" 4.5 miles Saturday morning through downtown. I had to walk a lot and felt extremely dehydrated and run down. Sorry Leesh!
- Stats: 4.5 miles in 47:38. Sllloooowww.
- But we both felt better for getting it done!
- Alesha and I headed to Folly Beach Saturday even though it looked like it was raining in that direction. But it didn't! It was a gaaawwrgeous day. We laid out for awhile, then ventured up the beach to find...a bar. As if I hadn't done enough damage to my body that week, I wanted to start drinking during the day.
- So we found a bar at the newly redecorated Holiday Inn on Folly (that sounds lame, but Folly is such a small beach it's actually a pretty nice hotel) that was beach-side. Perf.
- Alesha forgot her ID so I was stealthily buying us drinks...just like the good old days!
- We had three rounds of cocktails while we watched some drunken girls embarass themselves dancing in their bikinis to the band.
- After we had enough and the sun was setting, we headed home...er, to Taco Boy. We split some guac and each had a taco.
- Then we really headed home, got showered up, ate some Doritos (apparently I wasn't mean enough to my body yet) and headed out on the town for some drinks + to meet up with my boss' bachelorette party! (Pics to come soon)
- Matt was nice enough to give us girl time basically all weekend (I hadn't seen Alesha in a loooong time and this was the first time she had been to visit us since we moved to Charleston last August) so he drove us to our first stop, Chai's on King.
- Then we walked...in heels...about a mile to Light, a dance club on East Bay Street. We proceeded to dance the night away/eat jello shots/drink some more.
- Then we headed to Wet Willie's, a slushie bar on East Bay Street. I had about 1/2 of a White Russian slushie and then spilled the rest on the floor. (Was an accident, but I was glad to be rid of it, waaayy to sweet.)
- By this point, we were dunzo, and called Matt to come get us. It was pouring rain and we were ready for bed! (Alesha, I am sparing the details for you... :)
- Sunday morning, I did NOT get up to run with TNT. Oopsies. But it's okay, I have a lot of training time left and this week marks the beginning of actual training for me.
- Last night I was almost 80% convinced that I was was NOT going to run after work. But I was feeling crappy and I knew that I needed to go, so I went. Begrudingly.
- It turned out to be a good 3 mile run through historic downtown Charleston. I took a new route and ran down South Battery St and then back up the waterfront, so pretty. I even met up with a little pup named Ollie who seemed to be lost. I tried to take him home to the address on his collar, but he wasn't having any of that so I ran on.
- Stats: 3.0 miles in 28:00 minutes. Splits: 9:56, 9:30, 8:34. I'm back in biznass biyatches!
- Tonight we have a TNT meeting on Nutrition (woo hoo! my fave topic) and then we are heading out on a group short run.
- I think I have decided on a training program! I will post on that tomorrow.
Coming up on ChasRunner soon: Marathon Training Plan for a sub 4:30 26.2, a blog re-design, smoothie recipes, and all about juicing with my new juicer!
Also, as a follow up to my recent post about the benefits + dangers of soy, check out Gena's post on the topic if you haven't already!
A big THANK YOU goes out to Amy of Will Run for Fun for sending me my favorite Cliff Mojo bars! I mentioned to her that I was so sad I couldn't find these bars in Charleston after she posted about them, and she was kind enough to send me a care package! Thanks girl!
If you haven't checked out her blog, you should. She is a former NCAA cross country and track runner who is now a cross country coach. She has a lot of good running/training advice! (Also if you haven't tried Cliff Mojo, you should!)
Have a fab Tuesday and I'll see ya tomorrow!