Friday, March 27, 2009

Snippets of the past few days...

I only have the energy to offer up a few bullets this morning...
  • Wednesday after work, I got lazy and decided not to run.
  • While still at work, I ate two big pieces of Amish Friendship Bread, which is really cake, leaving my tummy full and my mind pissed off at myself.
  • Once I got home and sat down in front of the TV, I then proceeded to finish off a bag of sour cream and onion chips as well as crackers and cheese, and a huge hot dog.
  • I NEVER eat hot dogs.
  • Since it was the BF's bday the next day and he was at a night class, I made him a batch of Red Velvet Cupcakes.
  • I ate three.
  • I felt like crap all night.
  • Thursday morning, I didn't have to be at work until later so I made the BF bday pancakes!
  • They were whole wheat so I rationalized eating a small one with honey 15 minutes prior to my 8 mile run that morning at 7 AM.
  • That was a bad idea.
  • The run went well, but the first 4 miles were tough due to pancake and food intake of the night before.
  • I felt (somewhat) redeemed after finishing run, but still very pissed that I had skipped it on Wednesday, thus extending my running week and making Friday an on day rather than an off day.
  • Last night I drank too much wine at a work event.
  • I came home and ate TWO HOT DOGS!
  • I was hungover this morning and dehydrated so I made a fruit and spinach smoothie, making me feel a little better about life.
Conclusion? Being lazy and skipping runs for no good reason doesn't make me happy, it actually makes me have a worse night so I don't know why I ever do it! I always end up just eating too much food and watching crappy TV. This week hasn't been the best food wise, I plan on turning that around this weekend. I'm hoping the mega smoothie from this morning will heal all and erase my past discretions.

Got a track workout on for tonight and 20 miles planned for this Sunday. We have some friends coming over tonight to watch the UNC game...I plan on serving a plethora of HEALTHY game food!

Hope everyone has had a better week than I, and is having a fantastic Friday :)

6 comments:

  1. Your week sounds a lot like mine: too much crap and alcohol, not enough running. It sounds like you're back on track. Good luck on your 20 Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true my workouts make me feel better than just lounging around... mm but amish bread makes me feel good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a bad food week too! Ate so much last night watching the Memphis game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some weeks are like that-- don't stress too much. You need a lot of food to fuel that 20 miles, and while big green smoothies may be the optimum choice, we all fall apart sometimes. Good luck with your long run and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't sweat it, girl - those weeks happen.

    Have fun with your 20!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda-Yes, I hardly drink so when I do it messes me up big time! Thanks!

    RunToFinish-Yes, Amish Friendship Bread is delish...I might even have a starter sitting on my counter at home right now...

    Nikki-Yep, sometimes we just have to pig out! I will probably be doing it again tonight, actually!

    tfh-You bring up a valid point! I'm hoping all those calories will push me through 20. Thanks!

    joy-I'm not sweating it too much. I used to eat this way a lot more than I do now, so a few slip ups every now and then won't kill me! Thanks! I hope it goes as well as yours did!

    ReplyDelete