Friday, March 20, 2009

Really looking forward to the weekend...how about you guys??

It's FRIDAY! I could not be more thrilled. Just a quick recap on my runs the past two days (without splits, of course I haven't uploaded them yet).

Wednesday I ran an easy 8 miles through downtown, it was a relatively flat run and I think my average pace for 8.3 was about 9:55. Thursday night after work, I was truly dreading going out on a run. But since I had been off the past Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, I knew I had to go. So I suited up and headed for the bridge. I made a mistake of eating some sweet treats that were left in the kitchen at work at about 4 pm, so I knew my stomach would be acting up on the run, and it definitely did! Instead of my usual 6, I cut it short to 5, and had to add in some walk breaks due to side stitches and an overall feeling of being rundown. I think the stress of this week is catching up to me! I don't know what my time was, but I would say that it was over a 10:20 per mile pace. I was definitely taking it easy!

I have it on the schedule to do a track workout tonight, or either a run with a friend depending on her schedule. If I do a track workout, I would like to step it up a bit this week and do some 1200m sprints, 800m sprints, and 400m sprints. I will let you guys know what I decide!

My long run this weekend is scheduled to be 13 miles, which I must say, I am pretty stoked about! (Versus the prospect of next weekend's 20 miler WHILE my mother is in town.) So I will keep you all updated.

****
Other Items of (Somewhat) Interest:
We might be heading to Raleigh, NC tonight to hang with friends for the weekend, but we haven't exactly made our final decision, so we might be just staying here and taking it easy. Either way I will get in my long run at some point (and hopefully manage to mop the kitchen floor, I think things are starting to grow in there).

Also we are still looking to finalize our team for the Wild West Relay. If anyone is interested in joining, let me know!

The Hooray for Spring Virtual 6 Miler officially starts today! Since I have 6 on my schedule for next week, I will probably run mine on Tuesday as she is accepting times up until next Friday the 27th.

**Sorry for the boring post, I promise I will work on something more fun for this weekend! I haven't been doing too much serious cooking this week, so that is why there have been no pictures. I did make some roasted veggies last night but forgot to take a picture once they came out of the oven! Plus, they weren't that stellar :(

1 comment:

  1. I always have stomach issues if I eat more than 2 1/2 hours before a run! Good luck on your long run this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete