8 Things to which I am looking forward:
- Running my first marathon next Saturday!
- Hanging out with my family & friends in NC before/after the marathon next weeekend
- Going to the beach A LOT this summer
- Getting a sweet ass tan
- More green smoothies! (I just discovered these, love them)
- Wild West Relay in August!
- Meeting more people through this blog :)
- Training for Wild West Relay + other post-marathon races (MCM? Chicago?)
- Had my first green smoothie which I loved
- Skipped my 4 mile run to come home and snack/watch trashy TV (i.e. Real Housewives) while he BF was at school
- Went to Whole Foods at lunch and got some sweet deals (avocados for $1.69??)
- Found out I am 2 months behind on cell phone bill. Crap.
- Talked to my mom! (Who was going to the Jimmy Buffet concert last night!)
- Made yummy BBQ baked chicken (that I haven't actually tasted yet, but it looked/smelled great!)
- Was really sore from Monday night's run
- Paid bills and got really depressed at my lack of fund$
- Plan my yearly international vacay (prob not going to happen this year)
- Spend my days doing something I LOVE vs. kind of like
- Work more on making myself happy vs. relying on others to prop me up
- Hike more! Go to the mountains more. Visit Colorado or Utah or Washington state.
- Run another marathon this year & do it faster than my first
- Meet more people in Charleston!
- Visit a good friend in Seattle
- Start cycling!
- Amazing Race
- Real Housewives
- The Office
- Grey's (sometimes)
- Seinfeld re-runs
- Family Guy (with the boy)
- ER (well, it's not on anymore, but I have been a long time fan! Love Dr. Green)
Nothing much new to report today, but thought I would share with you some yummy things I cooked/whipped up yesterday and this morning. I bring to you...Golden Beet Chips!!
I found this recipe one day while I was searching for kale chips, and it looked so good I had to try it! The original calls for baking these in a 325 oven and just keeping an eye on them "for a few minutes" until they're done. I would say these baked for maybe 20 minutes or so, and they weren't getting crunchy enough to I yanked the heat up to 400 for about 5 more minutes and they crisped up! Although, I don't have a mandolin so I think if mine had been potato chip thin 325 would have been okay.
These definitely tasted like beets, so if you don't like beets, don't make them! But I like beets and with enough heat/olive oil/sea salt, I can trick myself into thinking anything is tasty :) That being said, I ate the entire golden beet on my own (like you think the boo would eat beet chips? Yeah right.) and I thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely make it again! This was my first time actually cooking a raw beet, pretty cool! (I have only eaten the canned pickled kind before.)
Also tried a kale smoothie this morning, and I must say, it tasted healthier than yesterday's spinach smoothie and was so light and refreshing!!
In this one I added 2 big kale stalks (hard stem removed), 1 chopped pink apple (skin and all), 2/3 cup soy milk light, & 4 ice cubes. Very, very good. I like to chew on something for breakfast though, so had a slice of whole wheat double fiber toast with PB to help fill me up.
Yes, I skipped my run yesterday. I was so sore, so I just came home and relaxed and stretched. Tonight I will be heading out on a run though, 4-6 depending on how I feel!
Thanks for everyone's comments on my upcoming race, I really don't think I would have been able to keep up this grueling training on my own without the support of all of you out there! Seriously!
Since I don't have too many people in my life who are big fans of running/eating as healthy as I do, it's been such an eye opener to have all of you out there to answer my running questions, inspire me to run further/faster/longer, and to generally propel me forward through this training! So THANK YOU!