My 2009 in Review:
- I left the world of public relations and marketing & started a new career in the world of finance.
- I began the grueling process of taking three tests to get licensed in my field.
- I passed all of my tests! Including the horrendous Series 7.
- I trained for and ran in my first marathon, the NC Marathon in May.
- I ran a 200 mile relay race through Colorado with 11 other new friends.
- We moved into a new apartment.
- I got addicted to power yoga & practiced it as frequently as I could.
- I chopped all my hair off!
- We joined our first CSA & experienced a variety of local veggies we had never eaten before.
- I kept training and raised over $3,500 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through their Team in Training Program.
- I ran my second marathon in 2009 with TNT, the Marine Corps Marathon.
- I got injured at mile 21 of the Marine Corps Marathon, & barely finished it in 4:47 thanks solely to Katy pushing me through!
- We made so many new friends in Charleston, I started a monthly supper club with a fantastic group of women, & Matt and I fell more in love with the Lowcountry than ever.
So my goal of 2010? To get up & running again! I'm going to try the Active Release Technique of chiropractic next week and if that doesn't help, I'm going to a sports medicine orthopedist. It's been challenging, but at least it has got me cross-training!
I'm really looking forward to continue to challenge my body in 2010 through new forms of exercise. I'm biking more & working out in the gym more. I hope to continue my yoga practice & visit my favorite studio at least twice a week. Matt & I are even doing a cleansing detox next week to get our year started off right! (My personal goal? Get my body looking somewhat like Shakira's. Yeah, I know it's a lofty goal.)
Well, I'm either going to go workout or continue to sit here, drink coffee & lazily watch TV while Matt sleeps in.
Happy New Year everyone!!