Monday, August 3, 2009

Kiawah Island 1/2 and Full Marathon


No time to post...just a quick note...

If anyone wants to run the Kiawah Island 1/2 or Full Marathon on December 12th, registration opens today and usually sells out within 8 hours!! Register here.

I've heard nothing but good things about this local race. Flat + fast course, great post-race spread, great scenery! I am officially registered for the 1/2! (Maybe will do the full next year :) Come on down to Charleston for a fun race with moi!

More later with moving recap and Charleston mini running tour Part II!

***
Updated to add: As of Tuesday morning, it looks like registration is still open...so go register! I know there are a few of you out there who will be joining me, or are considering it...

10 comments:

  1. I've committed to doing the Kiawah full marathon, and am signing up through Team in Training. I've heard awesome things about this race too! (And I can't believe I'm signing up for another full.....I've somehow forgotten about how terrible my race in April was!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just on Kiawah Island for my girls trip a couple of weeks ago.... it's beautiful there! I'd love to do this race there someday. Good luck!

    I just stumbled upon your blog..... and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That marathon looks awesome, but I don't think my wife would appreciate me booking a running vacation without her knowing about it first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be an awesome race! Wish I could do it! (very tempting!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have thought about doing this race and taking a mini vacation after, but we won't be able to this year. I can't wait to read about your impressions about the race.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info about the Kiawah races. What do you know about the Cooper River Bridge 10K? I want to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my friend who lives in SC just brought this up to me yesterday. i feel like its a sign that you brought it up....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I ran...sounds like a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found out about the event too late and it is now full. :( Let me know if you hear of anyone that is interested in transferring their entry (half or full). I don't live in the Charleston area so not in the loop. landers87 at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. are you on twitter or facebook so i can follow you there. i'm heading to kiawah tomorrow for the race

    ReplyDelete